Monday, October 24, 2011

Spooky Trees, an Owl, Miss Moon & Some Bats



This year I decided to try my hand with a little Halloween decorating. I wanted to make some spooky trees but living in a new neighborhood with new trees I could not find the branches I was needing. My husband took me to a local lake and we gathered several branches and headed home. I made an arrangement in 2 plastic pots and my husband cemented each set. Once they were set, we sprayed each "Tree" black and placed them inside the urns on my porch. I then placed crows on each tree and covered the pots with dried Spanish moss. I finished the porch with bats which were hung above the door. They looked really good before our crazy Texas wind and a couple of storms got to them. But here they are

Inside I added an old barn Owl I purchased at an estate sale for $1 that was missing an eye, added some pumpkins, Miss Moon, a cute black cat, and a cute little pumpkin gal whose name escapes me and I had a little Halloween vignette.





I totally forgot about the old book page wreath I made and to pull out my glass glittered skulls and skeleton from last year but I'll add them to the group next year.

Now I can't wait for Christmas

Bye for now,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment