Saturday, October 22, 2011

Auction Queen



I love auctions and today I went to a fabulous day long auction in Northeast Texas and when I say fabulous...it was. I was drooling over all the fabulous French and primative pieces of industrial bread carts, painted work benches and tables, chests, servers, cabinets, carnival props, signs, and lighting. I was too conservative and lost a several pieces that I am kicking myself over including tons of French grain sacks and bolts of French linen fabric.

The best part of the day was I got to spend someone else's money. That's right, I said spend someone else's money. Jeny, a friend of mine who owns a cute little salon in Downtown McKinney on the Historic Square called Primp is expanding her space and has plans on building a new home.

I knew what she's been looking for and when I walked into the gallery this morning I saw the lighting she described to me a few weeks ago. Many texts flew back and forth throughout the day (she was off with her family at a cattle show) but I was able to get everything she wanted except for an awesome set of doors from France (way over her limit by $1,400). She got two stunning chandeliers, a pair of matching sconces, and a set of corbels. One of the chandeliers looks identical to the chandelier the Junk Gypsy's used at the Don Strange Ranch in Boerne, TX for Miranda Lambert's wedding a few months back. I saw that chandelier at Warrenton last month in their booth on sale for $1,200. Jeny's was much less.

Here's a couple of pictures of the chandeliers I got to buy for her today.


If you've seen the pics of Miranda's wedding, I'm sure you've seen a chandelier that looks very similiar to the one above. I just love those Elk heads, and when it's lit like it was this morning it's just to fabulous.

Here's another chandelier she got and you would not believe how much I/she paid for it...a steal!


Don't you just love these? I didn't get a picture of the sconces but they match the Elk head one and she loved them all.

All in all it was a long day but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment